Wednesday News: Film On iCloud, MTV + Tumblr, Google On Facebook, Artinsic, HFA, Hello & More
- MTV launches on Tumblr as part of a digital expansion. (Mashable)
- Google’s Eric Schmidt Says He ‘Screwed Up’ on Facebook, Social Networking. (Epicenter)
- Atrinsic, whose portfolio includes Kazaa, has named former Bertlesmann abnd BMG Music Club CEO Stuart Goldfarb has been named as its President and Chief Executive Officer.
- The Harry Fox Agency and NSM Music, a digital jukebox service, have announced a licensing arrangement.
- Hello Music has begun offering members deeply discounted limited-time rates at recording studios across the country. Membership in Hello Music is free.
- Lyric service Soundtrckr has become Soundtracker . Updates to the site, and apps for Window Phone 7 the iPhone are live.
- Inside Spotify's Operating System - "Spotify - Large Scale, Low Latency, P2P Music-on-Demand Streaming", a presentations by Spotify's Gunnar Kreitz at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology. (pdf)
- Spinlet, maker of cloud music streaming and storage apps, says it has received a "significant" but undisclosed investment from Verod Capital Management Limited, an emerging markets investment firm based in Nigeria.