Think About These 2009 Music Sales Figures…
- 2009 U.S. music purchases up 2.1% over 2008
- Music sales exceeded 1.5 billion for the second consecutive year
- Overall music sales, digital track sales, vinyl LP sales all hit new highs
- Digital accounts for 40% of total U.S. music purchases
- More than 10 Billion music purchases in the U.S. for the decade
The full Nielson 2009 report shows a continuing drop in CD sales and full album sales along with slowing growth for digital sales. But when looking at the numbers its hard not to believe that here are the building block for a viable new music industry...even if it looks a lot different than the old one.