#SXSW – SoundExchange Offers $’s, Songkick Partners, Slacker, MXP4 Is #1, The Orchard Adds
I'm in Austin and up early preparing for the SXSW onslought. No word yet on numbers, but the streets and hotels seem full. I'm looking forward to exploring music streaming with Tunecore's Jeff Price and George Howard of Loyala University. It's at Noon on the Next Stage in the Exhibit Hall.
- SoundExchange is making a strong statement with a full page ad in the official SXSW program book lisitng artists (several whom I know) playing or registered at SXSW who are owed a collective $300,000 and ecnouraging them to come claim it.
- Live music lisitings site Songkick has added a Facebook app and formed partnerships to enable artists to import concert data straight to Bandcamp, Crowdsurge, FanBridge, Topspin, SoundCloud and Ning.
- Slacker has launched two special SXSW stations. Hello Music Artists to Watch Radio which features Hello Music artists elected for Hello’s “Artist to Watch” SXSW showcase and Filter Magazine's Austin 2011 Radio which features indie acts performing here.
- MXP4 announced that their PUMP IT game is now the #1 music game on Facebook with more than 1.3 million active monthly users.
- We wrote about the The Orchard's Artist Builder a few days ago. Now its officially arrived and here is a video introduction: