Spotify Releases Major App Upgrade
Spotify has just released a major update for their iPhone and iPod Touch app. It includes many fixes including a reprise of the popular feature which remembers your location in the app and the currently playing track when restarted. Here is the full list of changes in version 0.4.19:
- Fixed: Inbox unseen markers and app badge would not update when playing a previously unseen track.
- New: Can now open links by pasting them into the search field under the Search tab.
- Changed: Links are now always opened on the Search tab.
- New: Prevent screen from locking when device is connected to charger and Spotify is playing a track (e g when in a car mount).
- Fixed: Now playing speaker icon is now shown on the correct track in the Inbox and Starred playlists.
- Fixed: Opening a track link as a non-Premium stalled forever.
- Fixed: Crashed when swiping the “All Tracks” meta-playlist.
- Fixed: Was missing cover art on albums and artists sometimes.
- Fixed: Crashed when playing a track after logging out and back in again.
- Fixed: Spotify used to remember your location in the app and the currently playing track when being restarted; it now does again.
- Fixed: bugs related to opening links.
The free upgrade is available now in the iTunes App store.