REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
R.I.P. Steve Jobs - The music industry paid tribute to the man who revolutionized the industry. This same week Apple announced the iPhone 4S and a few significant music products along with some remarkable iTunes stats.
- Rhapsody buys Napster, and it's CEO explains why [video]. There may be some bumps ahead for customers, however.
- Rdio goes really, really free: free music, no ads.
- Jay Frank launches DigSin: a next generation free digital music label.
- RCA hits "refresh", closes Arista, Jive and J Records.
- Ian Rogers: The Evolution Of Web Distribution, A Mass Of Niches & The Era Of Trusted Brands
- Soundcloud suffers 2 days of attacks and outages.
- A first look at the new MySpace.
- BalconyTV: A Simple Concept That Offers Indie Artists True Global Reach.
- WATCH OUT: A guy named Brian Camelio wants a cut of your fan funded project.
- Full text of Sean Parker letter to Spotify's Ek in 2009: "I've waited nearly a decade..."
- Antony Bruno Exits Billboard, Lands At NARM
- RockStar Motel Opens Platform To Fans & Bands.
- The Business Of 'Pay What You Want' Music Pricing.