REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
It was a rollacoaster week for Spotify: Another indie label pulled, users were upset over a requirement for users to have a Facebook account. A survey showed they replace piracy, but users are exploring other services. At least, the Facebook hookup is working: users jumped from 3.4M to 5.3M in 1 week. Details here.
- Year To Date Album Sales Up 3%, Tracks Up 11%.
- With all the recent changes, did Facebook just pull a MySpace?
- Deadine for EMI bids is Wednesday Oct 5th.
- MTV announced O Music Award nominees and one category honors Music Tech''s Hottest Milf.
- Indie musician Zoe Keating's essay "On Spotify, Fairness To Indie Artists & Music's Niche Economy" drew impassioned responses.
- Lady Gaga Manager Troy Carter Goes from Managing & Marketing To Funding & Founding Music Startups. Gaga was also the subject of a Harvard Business School case study.
- Amazon's New $199 Kindle Fire Tablet Is A Cloud Music Player Too.
- New Blink-182 promo integrates SoundCloud, SimpleGeo & more.
- Apple vs. Amazon. Which Co. Is Better For Music?
- The Empire Strikes Back: Facebook Music & The Resurection Of the Dark Side.
- Study: Live Music's Economic Impact Includes Food & Beverage Sales.
- Veokami Turns Fans Into Live Music Camera Crews.
- Musicians & The Power Of Polite Persistence.
- 5 Tips from IndieHipHop.net On Why Musicians Should Be Blogging.