REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
Interscope Records offices were used to traffic massive amounts of cocaine, according to a federal probe. The label denied any knowledge of the operation.
- Grab free beta invites from these great music tech companies: Tekiki free ticketing platform, Serendip invites available to their great music integration, Mobile Backstage For Facebook has invites here. ChatWithTheBand helps bands run listening parties and virtual meet & greets from their Facebook pages. Details here.
- Watch Out Spotify! MOG Is Going Free. RDIO is following suit within weeks as well.
- How much does a band make on Spotify, other platforms? We've got stats.
- Study: Music Fans Prefer Ownership vs. Streaming.
- Tunrtable.fm lands $7 million in funding.
- Nielsen Study: More Video Engagement, Not View Counts = Higher Sales.
- Songza closes a funding round.
- Some staff changes at Topspin and Ian Rogers explains.
- Odd Future's Adult Swim Show, Loiter Squad, Continues the Process of Mainstreaming Chaos.
- Bandsintown Sold To Apps Publisher Cellfish.
- A Musicians Guide To Managing Your Online Brand.
- The Weeknd Emerges From Anonymity Thanks To Social Media & A Little Help From Drake.
- Appsbar: Free D.I.Y. iPhone, Andorid iPad Apps For Musicians.
- MUST SEE: A 3 Minute Trip Through The Stats That Changed The Music Industry [VIDEO]
- 7 Standout Startups From SF MusicTech.
- Blink 182 Presale: Great New Twist On An Old Idea.
- Beastie Boys Double Crowdsource Their New Poster.
Leave a Reply