REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
The start of summer did not trigger a slow down in music industry news as bidders lined up for EMI, music tech startups announced new funding and initiatives and the music clouds continued to thicken. Read on:
- Universal is preparing a bid for EMI.
- The Echo Nest, 7 Digital Take Music ID Open Source With Echoprint
- Shazam raises $32M, plans major expansion.
- A new MP3.com goes live.
- Best Buy launches its own cloud music service.
- Rick Rubin speaks: 'Music business could be bigger than ever"
- VibeDeck raises $2 million and extends free direct to fan music sales platform.
- Top Timing Tips for Social Media Posts
- Music Marketing News: Joe Nichols, Mary J. Blige, Sara Bareilles, Alize Mix Squad & More
- How To Book Your Band On A Festival This Summer
- A Musicians Guide To LinkedIn
- 4 Gig Booking Sites: BandSurfing, Indie On The Move, Getagig Info, Sonicbids
- Study Says Connect With Your Fans To Counteract Illegal Downloading
- We7 Closes New Funding Round, Charts Expansion Of Music Streaming Service
- Your Own .music Domain Name: New ICANN Rules Make Possible