REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
- Did Amazon Music just loose its soul? Scott Ambrose Reilly shifts gears.
- Rounder Records was sold to Concord Music Group.
- Kyle Bylin on The Barriers of Music Consumption: Past & Present
- Despite it's looming financial crisis, EMI
had a strong week.
- WMG President Lyor
Cohen is selling his $28M NYC townhouse.
- Apple is planning an iTunes concert
- A graphic look at how
much musicians don't earn online.
drops its free service and lays off 40% of staff.
- Kin + Zune - a Microsoft cell phone.
- What is a Facebook fan worth? Study says $3.60.
- In celebration of Record Store Day, share your favorite record store memories or check out a new film about indie store struggles.
- MySpace launches an event and ticketing platform.
- U.S. government says the RIAA and it's pals are kinda full 'o crap.
- BandsInTown partners with EMI, Shazam and ReverbNation.
- Nimbit names a new CEO.
- Twitter: How to use it to promote an album or tour and a look at it's (impressive) numbers.
- A new study of music video viewing habits.
- Neil Cartwright on Why UK's Digital Economy Bill Is Technology Censorship