REWIND: The New Music Industry’s Week In Review
- New music discovery site Muziic and its 16 year old founder David Nelson got into a nasty dispute with new label backed video site VEVO over use of a public API. Hypebot has the teenager's exclusive response.
- Exclusive: Pre-beta invites to Rank 'em.
- Pandora hit a holiday traffic high thanks to mobile apps.
- How Not To Sell More Music: Interscope & Best Buy Give Away Something That Was Already Free
- The Artist As An Entrepreneur And Vice Versa.
- Qtrax abruptly cancels a press conference, but still promises January launch.
- Indie artist Christopher Bryant is working to gain new fans by opening for himself.
- Sonicbids teamed with SoundExchange to deliver $4 million in royalties due its members.
- EMI launched an iTunes only greatest hits album campaign.