REWIND: The Music Industry’s Week In Review
The week's big news was the Spotify launch in the U.S. with a splashy 6 months of free unlimited access. Here's a roundup of mixed media reaction. And the EFF offered a contrarian view: Spotify & Streaming Music Will Not Replace Purchase Or Piracy.
- Midem is charting a new course, without the MidemNet conference.
- Direct-To-Fan CHNL Grabs $1.2 Million Investment, Launches With Thievery Corporation
- Crowdbooster - The Best Free Social Media Monitoring Tool I've Seen So Far.
- Warner Music Staffer Accused Of Stealing $700,000
- Music Marketing News: Heartbeats by Lady Gaga, Ray Charles x Pepsi, Carlos Santana x Tequila & More
- Revenue Innovation For The Indie Musician
- Ethan Kaplan On Spotify & Music Consumption
- Google+ Has 10M Users. Get Involved Now!
- Bjork Is Releasing Mobile App For Each Song On Her Album. So Where Are All The Album Apps?
- How To Get Your Band On Wikipedia