REWIND: The Music Industry’s Week In Review
- The Hypebot Hit Song Contest: Enter Now.
- Music piracy and the end of culture.
- Topspin Media now sells tickets.
- SocialMention: like Google Alerts, for social media.
- ReverbNation and Ernie Ball co-Sponser CMJ Music Showcase.
- Album Re-issues: Exploiting our cultural heritage.
- The Orchard aquired by Dimensional Associates.
- Spotify restarts U.S. label negotiations, or not.
- SoundOut releases semantic music search technology.
- Bandwidth Conference adds on additional speakers.
- RIAA fails to freeze LimeWire assets.
- The Winner: a new Skyline Music logo.
- Why data is the future of the music business.
- Amazon connects with Facebook for social music & media shopping.
- What radio stations don't get about social media.
- Music Xray: matching your songs to opportunities.
- Interview: Aaron Ray, Partner At The Collective Pt. 1. Pt. 2.
- Hugh MacLeod: "Treat it like an adventure."
- What record and comic stores have in common.
- Music publishers are demanding 360 rights from artists.
- Suddenly, I don't think I want to own music anymore.
- iSound: discovering up-and-coming artists now.
- NBN + LMDS announce initial line-up of speakers.
Summer Reading Lists:
iTunes Live Times Discussion:
- Ditto Music: get your music on iTunes in 24 Hours.
- Interview: Jeff Price, TuneCore's Outspoken CEO.
- Ditto Music responds to TuneCore CEO Jeff Price.
- CD Baby adds to discussion on iTunes live times.
What Ryan Learned At New Music Seminar: