REWIND: The Music Industry’s Week In Review
Amazon.com and Walmart tie for #2 U.S. music retailer.
- The Department of Justice is reportedly investigating Apple's control of the music industry.
- Is another source of income shrinking? Artist Imogen Heap says, "So expensive to tour!"
- Comparing the platforms: A Nimbit vs.Topspin smackdown.
- SoundExchange explains it's $200 million bank balance.
- Will MySpace Music stay free? It's up to the labels.
- LimeWire fights the court ruling against it.
- Amanda Palmer: "Artists have always needed to fund themselves."
- Big changes on the Zune Xbox team as two top executives exit.
- Twitter explodes as a video discovery engine.
- Facebook rolls out new privacy features. Plus a how to video.
- Three essays on the future of music:
- Future of Music Coalition holds it's annual DC Policy Day, explores health care and other issues
- Gigsby launches electronic music network. Grab a free beta invite.
- Ohm brings the recording studio online.
Introduce yourself to the Hypebot.com community. Shameless plugs encouraged!