REWIND: The Music Industry’s Week In Review
Apple is closing down
lala.com on May 31st.
- A UK band gets $300,000
for changing their name.
- We7 claims a
profitable month. Is this a breakthrough for ad supported music?
- Rhapsody adds offline playlists and an iTunes buy button.
- Kyle Bylin: What do you mean, broken?!?
- John Mayer drops 3.2M Twitter followers for Tumblr.
- Record Store Day declared
a big success.
recorded music business a mixed bag in 2009.
- Even for the majors labels, it's a direct
to fan future.
- David Pakman: Witnessing The Atomization Of The Music Industry And What Do Do About It
- Watch out iTunes: Spotify gets a major makeover.
- Twitter complies with more DMCA takedown requests.
- Trade your fans on Headliner.fm for new ones.
- Musikpitch launches an online marketplace for songs.
- TuneCore and MySpace Music partner for discounted distribution services.
- E1 buys IndieBlu labels Artemis, V2, Light & more.
- D.I.Y. - Try stoking your fans.