REWIND: The Music Industry’s Week In Review
- Spotify targets 3rd quarter for U.S. launch.
- Former Sony chief Donny Ienner's IMHO launches a social media player.
- Sony trims up to 50 more staffers.
tries to pawn catalog to save itself from loan default.
Folds + Chatroulette + 2000 Fans = Big Fun.
- Stats don't lie: Pandora by the numbers and SXSW has record attendance.
- The Orchard reports continued revenue growth.
- Major label Q1 quarter market share report.
- Interview: Mike King of Berkleemusic and Online Music Marketing with Topspin Part 1 and Part 2
- Free: a great new tour marketing handbook from Ben Coe of Artist Farm.
- Consumers view the iPad as a music device too.
- Indie music broadcaster Woxy.com went off the air.
- Watunes dropped out of digital distribution.
- Immitter.com - Pandora-style new music discovery.
- New NARM White Paper explores digital music's technical challenges.