Rewind – The Music Industry’s Week In Review: Nimbit, Spotify, SXSW, Beyond Oblivion, & More
- 10 strategies to engage fans through social media.
- Hypebot questions: Is social media out of control?
- Hackers have uncovered Google's new Music service.
- Hypebot interviews a hyperlocal blogger from the UK.
- What does it really mean to be a working musician now?
- Direct-to-fan service Nimbit has raised $1.25 in funding.
- DJ dominance at SoundCloud may be coming to an end.
- Here's a simple, yet effective Facebook marketing tip.
- The 7 ways most non-famous musicians make a living.
- Musician reveals the strangeness of Spotify payments.
- Did ReverbNation partnership hurt or help MySpace?
- Has the power dynamic of music magazines shifted?
- Hypebot interviewed Fantic.fm on monetizing music.
- Spotify is now biggest paid service with 1M subscribers.
- ReDigi argues that it can sell MP3s legally on the web.
- Hypebot asked readers if the piracy debate lives. Yes.
- Retailers are looking to lower the cost of stocking a CD.
- Will we see the elimination of the major label model?
- BMI has become yet another victim of Anonymous.
- News Corp has invested $77M in Beyond Oblivion.