PM Update: Kazaa Debuts Apple App Sub Workaround, Adele Rules, Gaga Gags Photos & More
- Shares of Atrinsic doubled after it announced that users of its Kazaa streaming music service could be accessed via its web site without an app. This could serve as workaround for other startups hurt by Apple's plan to take 30% of online subscriptions purchased through its App Store.
- Adele has just passed 1 million units in the UK of her sophomore release which debuted there June 24th. She debuted at #1 in the US last week selling 352,000. (Billboard)
- Photographers respond to Lady Gaga's new copyright demands. Her strict release form gives her the rights to all photos taken at her concerts. (Rolling Stone)
- Worth Reading: "How Facebook is Killing Your Authenticity" (Steve's Blog)
- Joe Kennedy, the CEO of Pandora will keynote NARM’s Entertainment & Technology Law Conference in San Francisco on Wednesday, March 30.