PM Update: A2IM Questions Billboard, Android Price Drop, Rightsflow + Wolfgangs Vault, VidZone & More
- In a Billboard op-ed Rich Bengloff, president of indie trade group A2IM questions the market share methodology used by Billboard/Soundscan.. "Ownership of master recordings, not distribution, should be used to calculate market share." (Billboard)
- The mobile OS wars heat up: Verizon has slashed the prices on all it's Android phones. (MacDailyNews) This twice before going iPhone only with your music apps.
- Rightsflow is now handling mechanical licensing for Wolfgang's Vault.
- VidZone is a free online concert video streaming service for PlayStation 3. Upcoming showes: Iron Maiden, Gorillaz, Rihanna, Evanescence and Coldplay.
- AtlanticRecords.com is trying be more than another the label web site adding memorabilia and the ability for users to customize their viewing. (CNet)
- An analysis of people's analyses of music writers' writing. (CityPages)
- Behind the music: How the long view paid off for Elbow. (Guardian)
- Apple subscription terms harm digital music space, says BPI. (StrategyEye)