Overheard @ SF MusicTech
- Celia Hirshman: "iTunes market share is down from 90% to 69%." Is there an opening for more niche stores?
- Updates on MySpace are now fed directly to Google search.
- "If your label and your manager don't get digital or social media, FIRE them."
- "Panelist asked how many people still check their MySpace page, and not many hands went up"
- Rhapsody's Tim Quirk:
- "People who say 'musicians should just be artists' are feeding bullshit to musicians."
- "Facebook doesn't need a music strategy, music needs a Facebook strategy."
- Steve Jenkins of Third Eye Blind: "Piracy gave our band a second chance" let new generation of fans discover them...