Overheard #NARM – “New Music Biz Is Down & Dirty”
- "The most important thing you can do (above music even) is create a great story; story sells, create context" - Tom Silverman,Tommy Boy, New Music Seminar
- "Deluxe packages can work better online/direct-to-fan, but standard CD packaging doesn't work as well in that channel".
- "Indie record stores still the best place for in-store appearances by artists." - Andy Kotowicz
- "Biggest problem w/artists & labels is they don't have their act together in terms of metadata." Konny Zsigo
- "Access trumps ownership!" - Ted Cohen
- "New music biz is down & dirty: record inexpensively, use social media, collect emails, post to itunes, tour cheap, flip videos."