Overheard @ Bandwidth (#BandwidthSF) (Pt. 2)
From Hypebot's eyes and ears at Bandwidth @DannyDee
- Echo Spin powers Universal Music Groups Direct-To-Fan efforts.
- "you still need a label to help rise above the glut" Rich Bengloff @a2im
- "DIY is a lack of infrastructure, that's why labels r more important than ever...its more streamlined" Brad Navin
- "Digital Only" releases are only 1.88% of the business
- Amazing stat: "On artist websites, our number one section is usually photos." Jeremy Welt, Warner Bros. Records
- Drake had 100 million streams of "Best I ever Had" before his deal. You know how much he got for that? BUPKISS"