Overheard At Billboard’s Music & Money Symposium
- Vevo Pres/CEO Rio Caraeff replaced L.A. Reid as the morning keynote.
- "Vevo creating new programming directly with brands and bands. 30 second music videos for new artists, brought to you by a brand."
- "When there's no money, people get smart" - Cynthia Sexton (EMI)
- Hot Topic chief music officer John Kirkpatrick: “We’ve almost completely moved away from the idea of sponsorship...We focus more on the experience and connecting fans with what they love inside of our store in some way.”
- Mattel's Katrina McMullan: Barbie-branded music portal coming in 2011. Labels clamoring to contribute music.
- #Vevo: People can drink from whatever faucet they want, but the water is ours.