Nimbit Shares Mighty Mighty Bosstones Case Study
At the beginning of this project, the Bosstones had no fan database, an inactive (fan run) Facebook page, and had not released an album in seven years. As part of a relaunch campaign, the band partnered with direct to fan music marketing and sales platform provider Nimbit.The Campaign Goals:
- Recapture fans and build contact database
- Sell 500 VIP ticket bundles
- Market new album release to U.S. fanbase, sell 10,000 units
- Create a basis for future touring, merchandising, and promotion
- Sell out venue for Hometown Throwdown concert series
- Step 1 - (re)Engage Fans: Create multiple entry points for fans to receive free MMB tracks in exchange for offering new/updated contact info. Provide opportunity to join "VIP" list with exclusive access to pre-sale Hometown Throwdown tickets.
- Step 2 - Reasons to buy: Place pre-sale bundles (including tickets and merch) in VIP-only storefront on MMB’s new website. Bundles have multiple offers/price points: single ticket, ticket plus CD & vinyl, ticket to 3 shows plus CD & vinyl, t-shirt plus CD & vinyl.
- 600 VIP ticket/album bundles sold in 25 min. from MMB’s website. Average price: $40.00
- 2,800 fans redeemed promotional codes for free music
- 7,000 new Facebook fans added (100% increase)
- 5,000 new contacts added to fan list including sales and demographic info
- 4,000+ units sold of new album
- Start promoting via Facebook, MySpace and website, offering free track of a new song, and teasing the new album.
- Use redemption codes to track three different giveaway campaigns (via email and download cards).
- Start recapturing fan contacts through website and Facebook.
- Set up VIP offer to hard core fans for special presale bundle of new album with ticket to upcoming holiday shows in Boston ($50-$100 price point).
- Oct 31 (Midnight) – Message sent to “VIP” list. Ticket presale bundles up for sale on website for three Hometown Throwdown shows.
- Nov 1st – General ticket sales for HOB shows go on sale.
- Public pre-sale of new album available at website and on Facebook MyStore.
- Added a 4th show after original three sell out, blast to email list and Facebook.
- New album ships to major retail outlets.
- Special bundles with vinyl album offered exclusively on website.
- Appearance on Jimmy Kimmel live.
- Shows at House of Blues and Middle East in Boston. Over 8,000 people attend.
Nimbit Platform tools used:
Nimbit MyStore for Facebook, nimbitSkin storefront, download cards, promo codes, redemption widget, print and manufacturing services, nimbitRetail+ account ($20/month)