NEWS: Turntable Talks To Labels, Jones Joins VEVO, Mobile Roadie China, 50 Cent Headphones & More
Turntable.fm is in licensing talks with the labels. "We want to grow internationally,” CEO Bill Chasen told Bloomberg. “Part of that is talking with all the labels and getting deals and licenses in place.”
- Nic Jones, formerly of Starcom MediaVest, News Corp, Yahoo! and MSN, joins VEVO in London as SVP, International to lead the video network's exanding global strategy.
- Mobile Roadie Looks To Boost China’s App Count, Goes East With Q Mobao (PaidContent)
- 50 Cent To Serve As CEO Of His Own Headphone Company As SMS Audio Acquires KonoAudio (TechCrunch)
- PIAS Warehouse Fire – How Affected Labels Can Apply For Special Loan. (A2IM)
- Twitter launched an analytics tool and expanded it's paid tweets program. Currently in beta, the free tool will show sites how much of content is being shared on Twitter, how much traffic Twitter is sending them anbd and how Tweet Buttons are performing. An API will be released for developers.
- Is Faceook pondering ticketing? (Pollstar)