NEWS: Sirius Hopes To Bypass SoundExchange, $254M MySpace Loss, HTC Gives Dre $254M & More
(UPDATED) SiriusXM Radio is attempting to directly license music from record labels, bypassing SoundExchange. (Billboard.biz). Direct licensing at more favorable rates is becoming more common place. Some worry that the practice undermines the bargaining power of other rightsholders.
- Ticketfly scores two more major venues, Bowery Presents' Union Transfer in Philadelphia, and ex-Live Nation executive Danny Zilesko's The Foundry in Phoenix for ticketing.
- Grooveshark hooks up with Boxee. (TechCrunch)
- Twitter has added realtime activity streams and Facebook made changes to the Facebook Chat sidebar feature which led to problems for some users.
- Ryan Adams has signed to EMI's Capital Records
- Lockerz teams up with EMI Music for videos (Tech Flash)
- Klout, which measures influence on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Foursquare has added Blogger, Tumblr, Flickr, Instagram and Last.fm.