NEWS BRIEF: Yahoo?, IODA + ABC, Aerosmith To iTunes, BBM Music, SF MusicTech Discount & More
- Yahoo has fired CEO Carol Bartz. (press release). The company's stock jumped this morning. Anyone have any thoughts about what this might mean for Yahoo's already anemic music offering?
- IODA will handle global digital distribution for the music of ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Australia’s national public broadcast company. Artists include The Wiggles, Lee Kernaghan and The Audreys.
- Aerosmith classics come to iTunes as Beatles pass 1.5m digital album sales. (MusicAlly)
- Is Research in Motion's BBM Music Service a Sign of the Company's Demise? (Benzinga)
- Ticket prices are rising as we get close to Monday's SF Music Tech, but you can still save 20% with the "hypebot" discount code.
- Atlanta retailer Criminal Records will close soon. (Creative Loafing)
Leave a Reply