NEWS BRIEF: UMG Bolts As WMG Nears EMI Win, Twitter Hires Music Exec, Radio Axe Falls & More
Universal Vivendi has reportedly walked away from talks to buy EMI's recorded music division leaving WMG close to a deal for around $1.5 billion. (WSJ)
- Is Twitter getting serious about music? They've hired former Disney Music marketer manager Tatiana Simonian (@drtatiana) to head music partnerships for its Content and Programming team.
- Major layoffs are spreading through both Clear Channel and Cumulus radio groups.
- Jared Grusd, AOL SVP for business development and chief of strategy, has left for a roll at Spotify. (CNet)
- One of our favorite marketers Charles McEnerney, who many of you know from stints at OurStage and Fast Company, has launched his own Layers Marketing.
- Spotify has won an O Music Award for Most Addictive Social Music Service.
- Uncle Sam slaps San Francisco radio pirate with $10k fine. (ars)