NEWS BRIEF: Spotify’s Big Day, Hesse Exits Sony, Grooveshark, Pandora’s Slide, OpenEMI & More
I'll be live blogging Spotify's "big announcement" starting just before Noon ET today. The event will likely focused around new apps and here's a roundup of the latest rumors.
- Sony Music's global digital President Thomas Hesse is leaving to return to Bertelsmann AG. He will be managing the corporation's global and digital business development.
- Grooveshark Prepares To Unmask Anonymous ‘Whistleblower’ (TorrentFreak)
- Why Pandora's Stock Continues To Slide. (Forbes) Shares slipped 6.37% yesterday, leaving the stock down 34.9% on the month and nearly 45% from its June IPO.
- The EMI and Echo Nest OpenEMI partnership announced earlier this month has gone live with an app developer contest and $5000 prize for the best app from the content in the music gorups "sandboxes". Details here. Plus: EMI exec talks iAlbums, experimental apps and iPad pay-per-view potential. (Guardian)
- Elvis Costello Tells His Fans 'Steal This Record' (techdirt)
Leave a Reply