News Brief: Sony Says 25M More Hacked, Apple’s iCloud, Sirius Soars, Tweetdeck, Q Prime & More
- Sony now says that it's PC Game network was also hacked, adding another 25 million to the 77 million already affected on the PlayStation Network and Qriocity media and Music Unlimted streaming services. (CNN) Yesterday, Sony declined to testify before a Congressional investigation of the hack (NY Times) As of Tuesday, the network was still down.
- Apple's iCloud which would be the cornerstone if its rumors music locker service was discovered inside the Mac OS X Developer Preview. (PC)
- Sirius XM added 373,000 subscribers in the first quarter, nearly doubled its profit and looking at a big price increase But t kept its 2011 subscriber target unchanged due to possible supply issues after the earthquake in Japan. (Hollywood Reporter)
- Tweetdeck's sale to Twitter expected soon. (paidContent) Some reports say the deal is done.
- Join the Los Angeles MusicTech Meetup this Wednesday night.
- What we can learn from Osama: Twitter Does Not Supplant Other Media, It Amplifies It
- Mega managers Q Prime (Metallica, and more) have expanded their in house promotion team. (FMQB) The manager replaces the label...
- Marketers have become more realistic about how to best engage their audiences, according to the results of a new IBM survey. (CNet)