NEWS BRIEF: Sony $1.1B Loss, Pitchfork Worth $12.9M, Blackberry Music Lives & More
Sony predicts A $1.1billion full-year loss - Electronics and entertainment giant downgraded its forecast after a strengthening yen, Thai floods and poor TV set sales. (Guardian)
- Pitchfork is the 17th most valuable blog in America, worth an estimated $12.9 million. (247WallSt)
- The Blackberry music app BBM has finally gone live in the Blackberry app store. (TechCrunch)
- R.I.P: Alan Meltzer, the founder and former chairman of Wind-up Entertainment, died unexpectedly over the weekend at the age of 67.
- Why Amazon Had Cloud Music App Pulled From the iTunes App Store. (Mashable)
- AOL Beats Estimates, Posts Another Sales Ad Increase. But About Those Domestic Numbers … (AllThingsD)
- Former Adobe Systems exec Thomas Nielsen has become the President of RealNetworks.
- Pandora For Business: Pandora has partnered with DMX to make its service available in retail stores and other commercial spaces.
- Spotify launches gift cards in the U.K.
- Could Apple ever really work like a record label? (Digital Trends)