News Brief: PlayStation Still Down, MOG + LG, Beggars To LA, Grooveshark + IndieDial & More
- Almost a week in the Sony PlayStation Network and Sony Unlimited Music are still down, and Sony is offering no timetable as to when it will be back up.
- MOG's music streaming service is now available on LG’s Smart TV platform.
- Beggars Group, the umbrella for indie labels Matador, XL, 4AD and Rough Trade has opened a west coast office in the Silver Lake section of LA. Matador co-founder Chris Lombardi and other key Beggars staffers made the move west; and Miwa Okumura, heads the office as Sr. VP West Coast Operations and Licensing.
- Grooveshark and IndieDial.com are partnering to co-spotlight select unsigned artists.
- Bill Wilson, NARM’s VP of Digital Strategy and Business Development, will represent NARM in the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) discussions on the development of an International Music Registry (IMR) .
- The RIAA has a new web site. Interestingly both iTunes and Amazon have preferred retailer status.
- Amazon Cloud Outage: A Teachable Moment? (Billboard)