News Brief: New WMG Lawsuit, Rdio+Amazon, Sony Stumbles, Neurotic Checks In, Wolfgang TV & More
- WMG Accused of illegally selling rap songs and keeping the money. (AllHipHop)
- Rdio becomes the first music streaming service to add an Amazon Payments option tapping into that huge user base.
- Sony's mis-steps. - From hidden rootkits on music CDs to the hacked network, the software company has suffered a lot of bad publicity. (Guardian) As the Sony Network outage stretched into Day 8...
- Neurotic Media has added “Music Check-In Incentives” to its private-label mobile sites. Here's an example.
- Wolfgang's Vault adds free video streaming from its extensive concert archive.
- This Whole Social Science Analysis Of The Pop Charts Thing Is Getting Out Of Hand. (NPR)
- iTunes seen as position of power in publishing as it is in music. (San Jose Mercury News)
- We Are Hunted Launches iPad App for Music Discovery (Mashable)
- Amazon's Cloud Crash Disaster Permanently Destroyed Many Customers' Data (SAI)