NEWS BRIEF: New Video Stats, Silva & Hewitt To Live Nation, Merlin + Muve, UMG Censors, Google+ & More
Google Sites, driven by YouTube, ranked as the top online video content property in September with 161 million unique viewers, while VEVO ranked second with 57.3 million. (comScore)
- Independent concert promoters Andrew Hewitt and Bill Silva are joining Live Nation to oversee all concert booking in Southern California and Las Vegas.
and promotion of the company’s concerts in Southern California and Las Vegas
- Indie digital music licensing agency Merlin has inked a deal with Muve by Cricket Wireless, the US-based music service that offers unlimited downloads to select phones.
- "Streaming Services Are Cutting Big Checks for Rights Holders," writes Rhapsody President Jon Irwin in a Billboard op-ed.
- Universal Uses Copyright To Censor Bad Lip Reading Parody; Why Not Embrace It? (Techdirt)
- Why Google Won't Talk About Google+ Stats And Why There Is Blood In The Water. (BI)