News Brief: JamLegend Joins Zynga, WMG Bidding, Twitter Spam, Pay.me Sold, Snoop Dogg & More
- The entire staff of online music gamer JamLegend, which announced it was shutting down yesterday, is moving to gaming powerhouse Zynga.
- In what must be part of an effort to push their sale price higher, WMG Board has provided Eliminated bidders with company data. (Billboard)
- Twitter has been hit with a number of spam apps in recent days (NYT)
- UK internet service providers' claim that new law infringes web users' 'basic rights and freedoms' rejected by high court. (Guardian)
- Mobile entertainment firm Buongiorno has acquired fellow Italian company Dada for €28.5 million ($40.6 million). The deal oncludes streaming music service Play.me.(Music Ally)
- Twitter Has Changed The Music Industry, Says Snoop Dogg (All Twitter)
- Clear Channel has released an iheartRadio iPad app.
- The Black Eyed Peas' Peapod Foundation and Adobe Foundation launch the Youth Academy in New York.