NEWS BRIEF: Google Music + T-Mobile, RIAA vs. ReDigi, Nokia + Echo Nest, TAG Adds Asia & More
Google Music will probably launch without 2 major labels on Wed., but it has signed indie aggregator Merlin. They may also have a few tricks up their sleeves, including a partnership with T-Mobile who sent invites to an after-party at the same LA location.
- RIAA wants ReDigi out of the business of selling "used" iTunes tracks. (ars) What took them so long?
- Nokia has launched MixRadio, a Pandora-like music service powered by The Echo Nest. (All ThingsD)
- TAG Strategic has partnered with blueFROG to form a digital consultancy serving India and Asia. blueFROG combines a live venue in Mumbai with a promotion, licensing and distribution agency.
- Universal Republic & Island Def Jam, named former Jive EVP of Peter Thea as its Executive Vice President with a focus on A&R.
- Spotify is now available in 10 countries with today's launch in Austria.
- MobileBackstage is expanding its mobile fan club platform to Android.
- eMusic has launched Scenes a music discovery iPad app that tells the stories behind influential and underground music scenes.
- Music streamer Rdio will now come pre-loaded on Kobo, an eReader with over five million users worldwide.
- Warner Bros. Records' national director of pop promotion Keith Rothschild is leaving the company at the end of the year.