NEWS BRIEF: Google Music, SOPA Reaction, New SoundExchange COO, Facebook Events & More
The big music story is the launch of Google Music. Reactions are mixed, but it is more ambitious than I feared based on previous Google Music false starts. (This chart compares competitors.) And most things Google launched improve greatly over time. Google also shared an essential stat: they are adding 500K Android users daily for a total of past 200M. Any app without an Android version is shooting itself in the foot.
- SOPA copyright bill draws fire. A round up of reaction from CNet. Plus: Everything You Need To Know About SOPA & The New Copyfight
- SoundExchange has named Jonathan Bender as COO, replacing Barrie Kessler.
- Facebook updates Events feature. (TechCrunch)
- Why Facebook Is The Real Winner With Google’s Mediocre Music Strategy. (MocoNews)
- 50 Cent’s Headphones By SMS Audio Get Priced Starting At $129, Available For Pre-Order Now (Techrunch)
- K-Mart and Best Buy practically giving away CDs on Black Friday. (Daily Swarm)
- Former MySpace CEO launches a startup studio in LA. (CNet)
Leave a Reply