News Brief: Google Music, NARM, CKX Sells Elvis, VerveLife Buys AppliedSB, WMG + EMI & More
- Google's I/O gathering kicks off at 9AM ET today. An official Google Music announcement without label lisenses is expected. Check back for more.
- The NARM Convention kicks into high gear in LA today. We'll have updates.
- CKX, the company in control of the bands Elvis, Muhammad Ali and American Idol Sold For $509 Million. (MediaMemo)
- VerveLife has acquired AppliedSB as part of a strategy to create a broad portfolio of music-centric products and services for brand marketers and digital music providers.
- UMG Faces An Uphill Battle Against Veoh On Appeal (PaidContent)
- A look at why the new owner of WMG may also try to buy EMI. (The Wrap)
- Of course, while EU indie music group Impala applauds the WMG sale, it says it would oppose efforts to merge it with EMI. (FMQB)