News Brief: Google Music Launch Details, Live Nation + GroupOn, Higher WMG Bid, Amazon & More
- Google Music Launch: At the Googe I/O Conference the company quietly showed off a new portion of it's Marketplace that is a web based version of iTunes. WeAllMakeMusic is reporting that Google Music will officially launch May 23 with a little help from Lady Gaga.
- Live Nation and GroupOn have partnered to develop an online discount ticketing outlet GroupOn Live in time for the summer concert season.
- Higher bid for WMG: The Gore Brothers may go to shareholders with more money. (Bloomberg)
- Sale of Warner Music Group Means Less Financial Transparency in Music Business (Billboard)
- Warner Music Sale Could Herald New Digital Outlook (paidContent)
- Amazon Cloud Player Quietly Begins Working On Apple iOS Devices (TechCrunch)
- RIAA Lawyer To Jury: Limewire Kicked Off Biggest Theft Of Music In History. (paidContent)
- Island Records founder Chris Blackwell will be at the NY Public library Wednesday night, May 11th at 7:30, 5th Avenue & 41st RSVP: LIVEfromtheNYPL@nypl.org. It's free.