NEWS BRIEF: EMI Sale Stalemate, Google TV Upgrades, Virgin + Spotify Details, Bieber & More
The sale of EMI's record division is getting messy as first Universal and then WMG pull out. Sale of the publishing division to BMG is inching closer. More on the whole story here.
- The Google TV update is rolling out today. Some Sony devices are already upgrading 100 new YouTube channels are featured including 13 music channels.
- Virgin Media has launched a range of broadband and mobile bundles which include Spotify (DTG) as details of the partnership emerge including free mobile streaming. (TNW)
- Justin Bieber: streaming bill author should be "locked up". (ars)
- The Awkward, Unanswered Questions That Led to Coldplay’s Spotify Embargo. (Mark Mulligan)
- What Do Sean Parker And Warren Buffett Have In Common? (BI)
- The Major League Baseball Network owes Yesh Music $13 million. - Yesh is the sole copyright owner of a catalogue of music including the song "Twelve Days Awake" by American Dollar/Thursday Night Baseball, which the network used without permission on 60 separate occasions, according to a federal filed in New York. (CNS)