NEWS BRIEF: EMI Sale Closer, Kindle Fire + Music, Spotify Plan, Madonna Leak, Boston Hack Day & More
- Pandora and Rhapsody are among the music apps coming to the Kindle Fire next week.
- Spotify's plan: get users hooked, then ask them to pay. (LA Times) Spotify is also coming to Roku as soon as next month. (GigaOm)
- Madonna Responds to Leaked Demo. (Rolling Stone) Manager says new album is not finished.
- Yikes! The Digital Music Business Is Still Stuck in 2005. (AllThingsD) A look at falling ringtone sales at its impact on music sales.
- Did you know that music (song titles, band Pages) including tracks on Spotify, MOG, RDIO and other music services can be found via Facebook's search engine?
- A look at the recent Music Hack Day Boston. (Music Machinery)
- Frank Black launches own record label. (Guardian) Pixies singer signs former member of Captain Beefheart's Magic Band to new imprint The Bureau.
- The Harry Fox Agency has signed a licensing deal with Retail Radio, a retail store entertainment provider.
- Facebook is bringing back the chronological setting for News Feed. (CNet)
- Big Music Does Good: $10m raised and donated from global sales of "Songs For Japan" (IFPI)