NEWS BRIEF: EMI Close To Sale, Tunecore To Aide Songwriters, Muve+INgrooves, Turntable.fm, More
- EMI expected to be split between Warner and BMG - Len Blavatnik-owned group likely to buy recorded music division, while Bertelsmann/KKR venture will snap up publishing arm, (Guardian)
- Tunecore is set to launch a similar service to collect songwriter royalties on November 2nd.
- Cricket's MUVE Music service has signed a deal with digital music distributor INGrooves.
- Eventbrite is opening a London office with a dedicated UK sales, marketing, and support team.
- Turntable.fm is staffing up an L:A Office.
- Salt Lake City's Slowtrain record store to close. (SLT)