NEWS BRIEF: Chuck D vs. UMG, 7Digital To Android, "Pete Townshend Is Wrong", NARM + SXSW & More
(UPDATED) Chuck D has become the latest artist to file a $100M lawsuit against Universal over digital royalties, just hours after the label lost a motion in court to dismiss similar claims. (HR)
- 7digital launched a music app for its mp3 download service on Android tablets. (Music Week)
- Pete Townshend is wrong: iTunes is no digital vampire says The Guardian: "YouTube and Grooveshark might rip off musicians - but not iTunes.The Who guitarist... was off the mark." Read full text of Townsend's speech and Hypebot readers 'robust' comments here.
- NARM'S digitalmusic.org will present several sessions from its popular “Music Start Up Academy” at 2012 SXSW Music Conference, in conjunction with the SXSW Accelerator program, on Wednesday, March 14.
- Score (A Needed) 1 For EMI: They've extended their deals with Peter Gabriel. The new agreements builds on the decades-long relationships between Gabriel and both EMI Music and EMI Music Publishing.
- An extensive series from Bloomberg News: Selling Music in the Digital Age.
Leave a Reply