News Brief: £1 UK Digital Sales, This VC Loves Music, Facebook Lawsuit, Cooking Vinyl, Myxer & More
- Digital music sales hit £1 billion in UK ((IBT)
- Investor Roger McNamee of The Elevation Group sees a new dawn for the music industry. (LA Times)
- Facebook faces lawsuit of user data sale to advertisers. (TechCrunch)
- Indie label Cooking Vinyl gets a ‘multi-million pound’ investment fund for artists from vc firm. (Music Ally)
- The Social 50 Chart - Here's what Kyle Bylin is up to in LA post-Hypebot for Billboard.
- Blogger Down - Google's popular blogging platform Blogger has been having problems for 2 days and is still down.
- Gaga vs. Black: YouTube has launches its own Top 100 Music chart.
- How the new Google Chromebook will feel for music fans. (Evolver.fm) Not good...
- Mobile entertainment provider Myxer has expanded its deal with to include music videos.