New This Week On Music Think Tank
Artist 2.0 Manifesto & An Email Newsletter Template
In his latest blog at Music Think Tank, digital marketer Chris Bracco gives artists a free, simple to use HTML e-mail newsletter template. Considering the number of fans that check their e-mail via cell phone, Bracco warns that those all flashy newsletters that artists send out may end up not looking as imagined. Hence, the need for a clean, back to basics, e-mail newsletter format. Next up, Michael Johnson gives his perspective in The Arist 2.0 Manifesto, where he outlines a pledge for unsigned artists; it's somewhat idealistic, but insightful nonetheless.
- We will no longer create art solely for a specific demographic.
- We will allow our creativity free reign.
- We will no longer refer to our art solely as a Product.
- We will not allow our art to be governed by a Formula.
- We reject genre labels when possible, by labeling our music “other.”