New Brief: WMG Sale Update, Spotify – 7digital, Reverb Venue App, Sony Attacks, Zune Redux & More
(UPDATE 2 )
- IT'S OFFICIAL: The new owner of WMG is Russian billionaire Len Blavatnik & his Access Industries. He paid $8.25 a share or about $3.3 billion in cash. Full story here.
- Spotify’s download store delivers ‘blow’ to former partner 7digital. (Telegraph)
- ReverbNation has launched Venue Profile, a comprehensive Facebook app created specifically for venues that includes the ability to highlight upcoming shows, link to buy tickets, stream music,share concerts and attend in groups, as well as, Facebook event and RSVP integration.
- Sony's Playstation Network is still down, but hackers are planning a third attack, according to CNet. Sony is blaming hackers Anonymous for the last breach, The group continues to deny involvement.
- Microsoft slashes Zune HD pricing, whispers of extinction grow louder. (Digital Trends)
- Facebook is now paying up to 10 cents for users to watch come video ads. (Mashable)
- The Harry Fox Agency and PCMusic, a provider of customized background music for businesses have announced a licensing agreement.
- A survey of the impact music has on businesses in public places from Sound Like Branding.