MySpace Still Pays $60,000 A Month For Parking & Other Stats From Company In Decline
As NewsCorp reportedly moves closer to deal to unload MySpace - or at least partner with someone to try to rebuild it - a variety of stats about the struggling social network are leaking. Some we knew, other are surprising and downright sad - particularly for a company that is losing money despite massive layoffs and supposed cost cutting measures. The surprising MySpace stats:
- News Corp paid $580 million for MySpace in 2005
- Offers to buy are under $100 million
- MySpace still pays $60,000 a month for parking
- MySpace still pays $800,000 a month in legal fees
- The site had 7.1 million unique U.S. visitors in April
- That's down 46% from the same period last year
- Traffic is down from 70.9 million in April 2009, according to comScore.
- The News Corp digital division that includes Myspace reported an operating loss of $165 million in the last quarter.
Source: Wall Stree Journal