MySpace CEO VanNatta At MIDEM
Follow all the action #MIDEM.
This afternoon's MidemNet conversation is with MySpace CEO Owen VanNatta. The highlights:
- MySpace is following the lead of Sonicbids and ReverbNation and linking with SoundExcange. They have already identified 25,000 artists that are owed $15 million
- Site has 180,000 playlists
- 7% page view growth
- 92% growth in unique users year over year
- 30% growth just this past month
- MySpace Music just launched in Australia and New Zealand
- Now the #1 music site in Australia
- Recently launched in UK and users are responding well
- On the iLike purchase: MySpace acquired great talent and the largest music app across other social networks. MySpace want to do more of that.
- On imeem, VanNatta saying they picked the pieces after the company shut down primarily to take try to migrate their users.