Music industry News: Rhino Ups Dorn, Rightsflow + Beatport, France Can’t Slow Piracy & More
Sorry this was late today. Computer issues...
- Warner's Rhino Expands Global Digital Efforts; New Role For David Dorn. (paidContent)
- RightsFlow, a provider of bulk mechanical licensing and royalty services, has announced a deal to provide global society reporting services for Beatport, the international dance music digital retailer.
- MTV Networks International has promoted Philip Bourchier O’Ferral to SVP Digital Media.
- UK study says most consumers not even aware of legal music services. (Consumer Focus)
- National Record Store Day is coming April 17th. Learn more.
- Piracy Rises In France Despite Three Strikes Law - In the first few months following the adoption of the three-strikes anti-piracy legislation in France, online piracy has increased significantly. Instead of stopping, file-sharers are seeking alternatives to bypass the new law. Perhaps even more striking is that new research reveals that disconnecting file-sharers will actually hurt the revenues of the music industry. (TorrentFreak)