Music Biz News: Nokia Drops Ovi Music, Apple Dumps Free, Bump App, SESAC, Spotify & More
- Nokia drops free Ovi music downloads in UK and 27 other countries. (Reuters, Inquirer)
- Will Apple’s free subscription crackdown affect music services?
- Bump App Shows Smartphone’s Potential for Legal P2P Music (Evolver.fm)
- SESAC has announced the promotion of Shannan Hatch to the position of Senior Director, Writer/Publisher Relations.
- MTV ‘Skins’ Strategy: Aim For Social Hit First, TV Hit After (paidContent)
- Virginie Berger: Value vs Price, and exclusive MIDEM exclusive white paper: How can you develop the value of free content? (Midem)
- Conjuring up digital music dreamscapes - Imogen Heap, who is as at ease playing folk music as electronic music, has added another tour to her coming tour of South Africa. (Sowetan)
- !llmind: Building a Business off Beats (AudibleHype)
- Spotify: International Expansion Is Our #1 Priority (paidContent UK)