More News: UMG Direct Licenses Last.fm, Spotify Update, Google+ Expands, Apple Patent Trial, More
- Spotify could launch as early as this week. When it does "The service will execute a slow launch, giving pre-existing members invites to distribute," according to Mashable
- What is really driving the rise in music sales? (CNet)
- Google+ invitations are getting much easier to come by. I added a Google+ button to each post last week (please use it) and signed up myself this morning.
- Twitter Ads Will Get Harder to Ignore: ‘Promoted Tweets’ Coming to Your Timeline This Summer (AllThingsDigital)
- Apple Told to Pay $8 Million in Patent Trial Over iPod Playlists (Bloomberg)
- YouTube sensation Rebecca Black to self-release a new single and EP. (Hollywood Reporter)
- The Canadian Recording Industry Association (CRIA) formed in 1964, has officially changed its name to Music Canada. (RadioandMusic)'
- Clear Channel swipes at Pandora with iheart revamp (AP)